Contact


Platinum Reviews Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PlatinumBookReviews

Authors, Publishers & Editors & Cover Models, please contact me at:
Arkgirl1@aol.com
(Vicki Rose) Or through my Facebook page.

Friday, August 7, 2015

Sunset Rising by Jaz Primo


Jaz Primo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He did it again!! That's all I could say when I finished reading Sunset Rising, book 5 of the Sunset Vampire Series by Mr. Jaz Primo.. This book was like... WOW!! Jaz certainly knows how to make a gal feel weak in the knees, yet strong in the bedroom! :) I have grown to love Caleb, Katrina, Paige & Alton as if they were my very own family and this book brought me head-first back into this fascinating world! Katrina is doing everything in her power to not only save lives in the growing vampire war, but to also protect her beloved Caleb.. Caleb just doesn't know if he can handle how things have been going in their lives.. He rarely sees Katrina, although he loves her endlessly.. He also feels like he constantly has no freedom because Kat keeps bodyguards watching him 24/7 because of the many threats against Caleb, since it is well-known that he is Kat's mate... Add in some psychotic, power-hungry crazy-mad vamps, a brooding new bad-boy side of Caleb, Katrina's kick-ass attitude, Paige's snarkiness & Alton's cool head and you end up with another blockbuster novel full of non-stop adventure, terror drama, love & more! Don't miss your chance to read this fantastic new novel today! 

PLATINUM GIVES 'SUNSET RISING' & JAZ PRIMO:
FIVE PLATINUM RINGS! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blurb:
In Sunset Rising, the exciting fifth installment in Jaz Primo's Sunset Vampire series, life is the ultimate prize in a race against time. 

Vowing retribution, Katrina tenaciously seeks out those behind the attack against Caleb. 

Mounting challenges prey upon Caleb, creating a crisis of conviction that unravels his world. 

Paige’s conflicted feelings erupt, altering the lives of those she loves and leaving emotional disaster in her wake. 

Battle lines are drawn as the vampire world’s fiercest beings choose sides, rendering those undecided few as hotly contested spoils in a growing war.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt:
It appeared that there would be no respite for me—for us—after all.
To be honest, it made me angry.
Once again, I wondered if I wanted to keep this up for weeks or months on end.
Despite the obvious luxuries of my accommodations—including no worries for expenses such as room and board or tuition, coupled with the opportunity that going to Yale afforded me—it certainly didn’t feel like I was living a lifestyle of enviable quality.
Or at least the expected sacrifices felt like too much of a price to pay.
Somehow, being poorer but happier sounded better to me. I’d lived a modest lifestyle for most of my life, and yet it had been some of the most satisfying occasions in my life. Before Kat, I had lived a relatively fulfilling life devoid of vampire politics, hectic schedules, or people trying to kill me.
Granted, it had also been a life without Kat in it.
Although she didn’t exactly feel like part of my life, either recently or at that moment.
What if this was as good as things would be between us for a while? Was it enough for me?
I took a sip of what had turned into very tepid coffee.
Despite my circumstances, the fact remained that I needed a break.
I need to contemplate things…my life…my future.
That’s when a decision settled in my mind, and I rose from my seat with a renewed sense of purpose.
I practically jogged back to the house, entering through the front door and hearing complete silence.
It was a soothing sound.
As I closed the front door behind me and looked toward the nearby staircase, much to my surprise, my sense of determination hadn’t waned.
I took the stairs two at a time, almost giddy with a mix of apprehension and excitement. As I entered my bedroom, I dropped my backpack onto the bed and unloaded most everything from it.
I had a plan.
However, how I proceeded during the ensuing minutes would determine my hasty plan’s success or failure.
I realized that I couldn’t use my credit cards or other electronic payment methods; they’d track me down in no time. Instead, I retrieved a stash of cash that I had stored in my chest of drawers and hastily crammed three pairs of jeans, some trendy t-shirts, a spare pair of sneakers, and a few days’ worth of underclothes into my backpack.
Scanning my belongings, I realized I’d have to leave my electronic devices behind or they’d track their usage. It was already bad enough I had a locator chip implanted in my shoulder. I felt a little bit like a tagged animal.
But I only had to exceed range of the detection equipment to drop off that particular radar.
The problem was staying ahead of it.
Granted, they’d probably still locate me in a matter of days, but that’s all I needed; just a few precious days to clear my head and gather my thoughts.
I glanced forlornly at my iPad on the table.
I’d miss it.
Nevertheless, I grabbed my Kindle and two iPods that were loaded with movies and music. As long as I kept their wireless functionality turned off, they couldn’t be tracked. Like my smartphone, my iPad had built-in cellular functionality, presenting the risk of being tracked.
There was little doubt that I was addicted to consumer electronics and their contributions to daily escapism in my life.
Hell, the entire human race was addicted.
It dawned on me that technology served as both the ultimate babysitter and an emotional pacifier.
I hurried into the bathroom to toss additional necessities into my backpack. I glanced up into the mirror at my reflection, noting the haunted look in my eyes.
The renewed urge to leave welled up inside me; though a wave of guilt washed over me over how upset the people who loved and cared about me were going to feel.
Then I almost lost my nerve.
But I knew deep down inside that getting away was exactly what I needed at that moment.
Just a few days of contemplation and solitude.
God, Kat’s going kill me for this.
Hopefully not literally.
I swallowed hard and steeled my resolve.
It’s not like it was forever.
Was it?
While I felt unnerved, I also felt liberated.
I’ve gotta clear my head. I’m no good to anyone like this.
Zipping my backpack shut, I hurried downstairs.
I left a hastily written note on the countertop:
Paige and Roman,
I’m taking a few days to clear my head and gain perspective on my life. I hope you’ll forgive me for leaving so abruptly, but I doubt you would approve what I need to do. Even though I can’t expect you to understand what I’m
going through, I hope you’ll respect my decision.
I’ll message you periodically so that you won’t worry about me.
Caleb
I figured that it was a pretty lame note, but it was the best I felt I could do on short notice.
Before I lost nerve, I exited through the front door, locking the door behind me.
Despite my reservations about continuing, I had scarcely reached the curb before an aura of satisfaction took root within me.
I smiled, feeling a pervasive sense of freedom and the hunger for possibilities like none I had ever felt before.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




No comments:

Post a Comment