Contact


Platinum Reviews Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PlatinumBookReviews

Authors, Publishers & Editors & Cover Models, please contact me at:
Arkgirl1@aol.com
(Vicki Rose) Or through my Facebook page.

Monday, May 20, 2013

In Flames by Jessica Jayne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Warning:  Erotic Romance…This book is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age.  Graphic sex scenes and material.***
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to preface this review with a confession. I am more than a little bit obsessed with all things firemen.  So when I saw the blurb and the cover for this book, I already knew I was in love.  And even though I already knew I was in love, Jessica BLEW me out of the water with this book.  I was hooked from the start and consumed it in one sitting.  Matt is the epitome of hotness and I may have had to wipe off some drool at several times throughout my read.  On top of the major sexy factor this book has to offer, the story is believable.  I could see the widow of a firemen finding herself in just this situation.  The story follows Gracelyn Riley, the recent widow of firemen Chad Riley.  Matt Riley is Chad's brother and fellow firefighter and is overwhelmed with survivor's guilt over the death of his brother.  Matt and Gracelyn have supported each other over the year since Chad's death.  Gracelyn's young children love their uncle and he does everything in his power to make them smile.  Graceyln is still very close to Chad's family and attends weekly Sunday dinners at her in-laws house.  As the emotions between Matt and Gracelyn move from grief to desire, they will have to face some difficult decisions.  This story had me "In Flames" and I enjoyed every second I spent with the Riley family.  

Platinum Book Reviews gives Jessica and In Flames:

5 platinum rings!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blurb:
Gracelyn Riley married a firefighter. She knew that came with risks. But she never imagined herself widowed in her early thirties with two children to care for on her own. 

As a fireman, Matt Riley was at the scene when his brother, Chad, was killed. He suffered greatly from survivor’s guilt and depression after the accident.

The last year has been difficult for both Gracelyn and Matt. They’ve relied on each other to get through the tough times. With the anniversary of Chad’s death upon them, Gracelyn and Matt once again turn to each other for comfort and support. They find it in each other’s arms—and bed. 

Will their desire for each other consume them? Can they overcome the guilt and scrutiny to find love again…together?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt:
He sat there cross-legged on the floor for several minutes combing her hair with his fingers before she stirred.  Her eyes fluttered open.

"Matty," she said in a scratchy voice.  His heart beat a little faster.  No one else called him Matty.  In fact, he hated when anyone else used that nickname.  He usually felt like a little kid when someone called him that, but when Gracelyn said it, it was different.  She had called him that since the day they had met.  "What are you doing here?"  She pulled herself up off the floor and sat on her heels across from him.  Her long hair was disheveled.  Her mascara smudged under her blood shot eyes.  

"I thought you might need a friend," he said softly.  His hand swept away the loose strands of hair from her face and tucked them behind her ear.  Even in her lowest, darkest moments, Matt found her amazingly beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Charissa! I'm so glad you enjoyed In Flames! I absolutely loved writing it!

    ReplyDelete