Contact


Platinum Reviews Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PlatinumBookReviews

Authors, Publishers & Editors & Cover Models, please contact me at:
Arkgirl1@aol.com
(Vicki Rose) Or through my Facebook page.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

**AUTHOR FEATURE** Jayson Zwirner





Our next author feature is on an up-and-coming writer, whose first book will be released shortly. I'd like you all to meet the awesome Jayson Zwirner! His new book is titled: Rising Fall: Book One: Zero Effect, so watch for the release soon! In between work on the new book, a busy family life & the recordings of his beloved podcast "Twisted Geekdom",  Jay took a few minutes to sit down with Platinum & answer some questions.. He has a great sense of humor, so be sure to check the interview out! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1) Why did you decide to start writing? 

Honestly, I started when I was in High School, back when Dinosaurs roamed the earth. Had an entire fantasy novel written that was destroyed in a flood (no PCs back then, so no backups.. It was all hand-written) and so, after losing hope and stopping, I went on a looong break.. One day I picked up a book by Mark Tufos, called Zombie Fallout and then spent time talking to an author friend of mine, Raz T Slasher, and it inspired me to start again.
~~



2) Do you think authors can succeed in multiple genres or should they stick with a single genre? 

I think its different for every author. One may be only good at one thing & another could be awesome at many. I let the work decide, not an opinion.
~~


3) What do you feel is the biggest reward to you with writing? 

Creating a world from scratch. Yes, I may use our own planet, but the people and situations are something that (hopefully) would never happen in reality so it is "my" world, at that point.
~~



4) Who are some of your favorite authors & why? 

Mark Tufo, I love his characters, and his style of writing, and I also know him IRL and he's a great guy. Stephen King and Terry Brooks, who are the two authors that started it all for me when I read the Shanara series (before it was a teen drama) and Pet Cemetery and I fell in love with books.
~~


5) What are the biggest hurdles to overcome as an author?

Finding time to write. This is not my full time gig (yet). I have a full time job, a wife, and 3 kids, a podcast, and a stream I'm trying to cultivate, so time, quite literally, is a luxury for me.
~~


6) Is there any advice that you can offer for new writers? 

Don't give up! It took me over a year to get my first book finished and ready for publishing, but the feeling you get when it's done is unmatched.
~~


7) Tell us a few random personal things about yourself personal & professional! 

A few, umm, okay.... I'm a meat Popsicle (bonus points if you get the reference)!

No, but seriously, I'm a huge gamer.. I play MMO's, MOBA's and RPG's like they are crack (they probably are).
I run a podcast with some dear friends, on which we talk about all things nerdy and pop culture-y.
I assisted in teaching kids Martial Arts for free, back in the day (10 years or so ago when I wasn't old and broken down). It was a thing for less-fortunate kids that a friend and I did..
I've been a Nerd since before it was cool (like 80s style). I still play DnD and probably always will!
Oh.. And I love Lamp! That is all..

:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment: