Contact


Platinum Reviews Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PlatinumBookReviews

Authors, Publishers & Editors & Cover Models, please contact me at:
Arkgirl1@aol.com
(Vicki Rose) Or through my Facebook page.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

**AUTHOR FEATURE** Raz T Slasher


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were able to sit down & chat with a fab new author on the horror scene! Meet Raz T Slasher, who recently released his novel "The Mime", which is also a fantastic horror film! He's a fab, fun guy & we had a blast hanging out with him! He has a quirky, off-kilter sense of humor & fits in well with us! Check out his interview today!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Why did you decide to start writing? 

My mom had a rule in our home. We were allowed to read anything we wanted as long as we didn’t ask what a word meant. So I’d carry around books and a dictionary with me everywhere. I think that gave me a huge appreciation of what it took to write. The more expansive the vocabulary, the more I found myself enamored with what I was reading. The first time I picked up a pencil I remember thinking to myself that I had stories to tell to.  
~~~

2) Do you think authors can succeed in multiple genres or should they stick with a single genre? 

Honestly, I think you can succeed in writing in every single genre at once if that's something you're passionate about. Readers will follow a good author no matter where their journey takes them.  
~~~
3) What do you feel is the biggest reward to you with writing? 

I think the biggest reward has been all the great conversations I've gotten to have with some amazing readers. Writing in the horror genre is difficult in the best of times, seeing them connect with your work is beyond exciting.  
~~~
4) Who are some of your favorite authors & why? 

If I can pick only one, then I have to say Clive Barker. He writes various genres, besides horror. There’s so much passion in what he writes and that’s something I connect to as a person, not just as a reader. He makes even horror this deeply romantic thing always bubbling just below the surface of tragedy and terror.  
~~~
5) What are the biggest hurdles to overcome as an author? 

It boils down to needing a lot of patience. This is a very long and difficult process from the moment it begins, a process in which there is no true ending to. For me the biggest hurdles have been finding new and interesting ways to get my work out there.  
~~~
6) Is there any advice that you can offer for new writers? 

Believe in yourself, even when you're at your lowest. Remember that your voice is just as important than everyone else's. Stay passionate, people pick up on that. If you're enjoying what you're doing, then other will follow suit!  
~~~
7) Tell us a few random personal things about yourself personal & professional! 

I co-host the Twisted Geekdom Podcast with an amazing group of friends. I probably spend an unhealthy amount of time research things that have absolutely nothing to do with anything I'm writing. My favorite color is Green.. Oh, And I love chocolate milk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment