Contact


Platinum Reviews Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PlatinumBookReviews

Authors, Publishers & Editors & Cover Models, please contact me at:
Arkgirl1@aol.com
(Vicki Rose) Or through my Facebook page.

Friday, January 29, 2016

**AUTHOR FEATURE** TR Cupak


      

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're doing our next author feature with the lovely TR Cupak, who is a contemporary & young adult/new adult romance writer. She currently has the Alexa series on her release list... Please show her some love! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author Q & A Questions


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Why did you decide to start writing? 

When I was younger I used to love to tell stories to anyone who would listen. Once I entered into elementary school I found a love for reading. I would devour books in one sitting. Roughly around junior high years I began to write short stories and poems, continuing to do so throughout high school. No, I don’t have anything from my childhood to share otherwise I would. In my twenties I disconnected from my love of the written word for a while. It was about six or seven years ago I rekindled my love of reading. I used reading as an outlet to escape everyday chaos. When reading was no longer enough to quiet the storm in my mind, someone suggested I try journaling. After a few months of journaling I realized I hated it. I wanted out of my mind, not in it. I grabbed my laptop and started to type out someone else’s life and before I knew it I had written an entire book. It was a surreal moment when I clicked “publish”. 

~~ 


2) Do you think authors can succeed in multiple genres or should they stick with a single genre? 


I think authors can succeed in multiple genres if they put their heart into what they are writing, do the research and try. Some just find their comfort zones and stay confined because they are afraid to venture outside of their safety net. Me, I want to try to write something other than new adult. That's why my WIP is dark erotica. I don't want to be known for just one genre. 

~~


3) What do you feel is the biggest reward to you with writing? 


My biggest reward is my fans, the readers. I never in my life thought I would have "fans" but when someone tells me that my story touched them or made them feel like they were a part of the story makes taking this journey worth it. I've made a new family and that to me is the best reward.

~~


4) Who are some of your favorite authors & why? 


K. Bromberg is my favorite author. Her stories captivated my heart and never let go. Other authors I admire would be CoHo, Abbi Glines and Jamie McGuire, just to name a few and that's because they gave me the inspiration to write my stories. 

~~


5) What are the biggest hurdles to overcome as an author? 


My biggest fear to overcome is rejection. I know I will never please everyone but those few negative reviews still sting. 

~~


6) Is there any advice that you can offer for new writers? 


No matter how much research you do, it will never prepare you for this journey. Do not let a few no's or bad reviews discourage you. If you believe in your writing then others will too. Be strong and always remain humbled. Your readers are your lifeline. 

~~


7) Tell us a few random personal things about yourself personal & professional!



1. I am my worse critic
2. My OCD & Type A personality are overwhelming although I'm working on getting them under control
3. I love with my whole heart. I don't believe in half love.
4. I have an addiction to nice pens and Victoria Secret panties (271 pairs....I just threw some away)
5. Since I turned 16 I've had (owned/leased) 30 vehicles (I get bored easy) & won't stop there 6. I never had that biological clock that ticked
8. I will always laugh at myself because I am a goober and proud of it
7. I was scared shitless to hit publish on Alexa Crushed but thank my lucky stars I did because I have extended my family with so many amazing people
9. I work a FT day job for one of the largest utilities companies in the US on the gas pipeline side.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many thanks to TR Cupak for dropping by to chat with us! You can find her info below..



No comments:

Post a Comment