Contact


Platinum Reviews Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PlatinumBookReviews

Authors, Publishers & Editors & Cover Models, please contact me at:
Arkgirl1@aol.com
(Vicki Rose) Or through my Facebook page.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

**Author Feature** Bree Lewandowski


******************************

Our next author feature involves a gal who has not only made me fall in love with her work, but she's also become a great friend of mine, as well! I hope you'll adore her as much as I do! Meet the gorgeous Bree Lewandowski!  
Bree's books are in the drama/romance/suspense genres and involve the often-scary underworld of a professional ballet dancer!
Check out her interview!
(You'll find her links at the bottom of the feature.)

******************************

1) Why did you decide to start writing?

 As a little girl, the answer to why I decided to start writing was because it was fun. I liked creating characters and living out my own small fantasies. Older, it became a drive to share those stories with an audience. However, the original answer is still true. I write because I enjoy it. I continue to write because the desire has yet to fade. 

~~

2) Do you think authors can succeed in multiple genres or should they stick with a single genre?

Definitely, authors can succeed in various genres.Nora Roberts is a prime example. While she writes vibrant romance novels, under an alias, she bangs out gripping dramas. In terms of "sticking to your knitting," I think it's great when authors branch out. Quite frankly, I hope to genre jump in time. 

~~

3) What do you feel is the biggest reward to you with writing?

Honestly, and you can laugh-getting it done. One of the biggest hurdles for me with writing was beginning stories and never finishing them. Knowing I'd left characters and plots dangling really wormed its way into my psyche and whispered doubts of never reaching my goal of "the end." But, this jump into Indie publishing has let me see I can begin a world, color it, and offer it to those who might want to see.  

~~

4) Who are some of your favorite authors & why?

Edna Ferber, Alexandre Dumas, J. R.R. Tolkien, Victor Hugo, George Elliot, Dean Koontz. 
Edna Ferber is incredible. She has this gift for putting the little, everyday, fleeting thoughts everyone has down on paper. It makes her characters jump to life and their struggles so relatable. 
Dumas is my hero. He writes characters that sizzle on the page. Men mightier than the world they live and move in. He's my guilty pleasure author. 
And while I won't go through them all, I'll finish with Elliot. Her writing stabs the reader in the heart with its simplicity. Characters simple as snow seem to melt into the reader and reveal a depth not expected. 

~~

5) What are the biggest hurdles to overcome as an author?

Myself. Honestly. Taking time to write can feel selfish. I know I'm putting off chores, friendships, my marriage. And frankly, writing doesn't look like much. I'm not swearing at the computer screen, typing till my fingers bleed. Most often, I'm just sitting, staring. Allowing myself to take the time, proving to myself it's time worth taking, has been the biggest obstacle. 

~~

6) Is there any advice that you can offer for new writers?

Write. Write all the words. And read too. Writing without reading is like a painter saying he/she wants to be among the greats without studying what made them great in the first place. And to the new writer, understand that you're working your brain. And the brain is a muscle. At first, just like all physical exertion, it's going to be difficult. However, just like going to the gym, you'll always feel better after. 

~~

7) Tell us a few random personal things about yourself personal & professional!

I can't swim. In fact, I'm terrified of the water. I drink too much coffee and noodles are my Kryptonite. If you seem to notice a dance-related trend in my novels, it's because I am a dance teacher in real life. When writing, I can't listen to music with lyrics; it totally distracts me. Only instrumental. But when the writing is done for the day, I love to rock out to Kpop! 

***************************************




No comments:

Post a Comment